Welcome to the Stafford Legacy!

This is the tale of Emory Stafford, a princess from the 1600s that accidentally finds her way into our time. Please start from Generation 1: Chapter 1 (link in the side bar on the right) if you are new to the legacy!

Also, please check out my visual art blog, An Artist's Journey, and give me feeback! I'm looking to learn and grow :) Link is embedded in the bold title.

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Generation 2; Chapter 4: Connection

“I want him OUT of my house!” Clyde yelled.
“It’s the least you owe him after what you did!” Victoria retorted right back. 


“It was his own fault for hitting on you!”
“That is NOT what he was doing! If you’d just listen-” There was a clashing sound from the kitchen that caught their attention.
“Oh, if that prissy bastard is going through my stuff…” Clyde mumbled as he stormed out the bedroom door.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing?” Victoria grabbed Clyde’s shoulder.
“Stop it, Clyde!” she said forcefully.
“It’s okay, I was just making some breakfast for all of us, I guess as sort of a peace offering.” Anthony said calmly.
“Yeah, with my food and my stove!” Clyde growled.


“Listen, I’m sorry for the misunderstanding last night, but I wasn’t coming on to your girlfriend-”
“I’m not his girlfriend,” Victoria interjected quickly. Clyde shot her a nasty look.
“I’ll be out of here as soon as we get some breakfast,” Anthony finished, still keeping his cool.
“That’s right, you will,” Clyde hissed under his breath.


Victoria shot Anthony a look that said “Don’t mind him” and then joined him on the couch to eat. They all ate silently and quickly, and then Anthony stood to leave.
“Well, I guess I’d better get going.” Anthony said.
“I’ll go with you, I want to make sure you get back alright,” Victoria said, also standing.


“Oh no you won’t!” Clyde raised his voice.
“I am NOT a child, Clyde! I’m going!” Victoria yelled, storming outside to follow Anthony.


“I appreciate your help,” Anthony started, “but you don’t need to see me home. I feel alright.”
“It’s the least I can do,” Victoria smiled. “Plus, I’d take any excuse to get away from there.”
“Well, I live in an apartment complex a few blocks down the road. Shall we walk?” 


“So if you’re not his girlfriend, why do you put up with him?” Anthony asked. “If you don’t mind me asking…” he added.
“Not at all,” Victoria sighed. “He was pretty much the only friend I had in high school. If you could call him a friend. I was pretty… sheltered… when I was growing up. I needed a place to stay when I moved out, and he was the only option.”


“And that’s about it… I rely on him for a place to stay. What about you? Who’s this Margaret Kepley you mistook me for at the club?” Anthony blushed a little bit.
“Eh… she was supposed to be my blind date. I’m a little shy and… well my friend set me up with a date and I was supposed to meet her there.”


“I guess that’s what I get for accepting a blind date offer,” Anthony finished. They both giggled softly. “Well, here we are!” They had stopped in front of the front doors to his apartment complex.


“Well thank you,” Anthony said, turning to her. “For everything. You are an incredibly generous and… beautiful… person.” Now it was Victoria’s turn to blush.


“That’s the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me,” she smiled. There was a brief silence between them.
“Do you think,” Anthony started, then paused. “Do you think I… could maybe… get your phone number?” Victoria blushed again.
“Of course.”


After they had exchanged numbers, Anthony turned to enter the building. But before the door shut behind him, he turned and smiled at Victoria one last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment