Welcome to the Stafford Legacy!

This is the tale of Emory Stafford, a princess from the 1600s that accidentally finds her way into our time. Please start from Generation 1: Chapter 1 (link in the side bar on the right) if you are new to the legacy!

Also, please check out my visual art blog, An Artist's Journey, and give me feeback! I'm looking to learn and grow :) Link is embedded in the bold title.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Generation 2; Chapter 6: Bitter Pain

(Author's Note: To those of you who didn't notice, this chapter was released within about 24 hours of the last chapter. Since this isn't very common nowadays with me, I wanted to remind those of you just rejoining us to go read Chapter 5 before this one!

Also, I am trying out some new photo editing techniques to help the mood of the pictures. Please let me know whether or not you like it! Thanks!)


Victoria’s mind raced as she prepared dinner. But somehow, with her racing mind, she thought nothing. She felt nothing. She was just numb. Just existing. Unlike her mother.

“You almost done yet?” Clyde drawled as he entered the kitchen. Something in Victoria snapped.
“You know,” she said, almost in a whisper. “You have been very kind to me, giving me a place to stay when I moved out.”

“Uh, thanks?” Clyde said, a little skeptically.
“But you know what else you’ve done?” Victoria paused as all of the anger bubbled up from inside her. “You have RUINED me. You KILLED my relationship with my mother while I was in school. And now she’s DEAD! I will never know my mother like I should! All she wanted was what’s best for me, and YOU caused me to stray from her.” Her voice dropped again as the hot tears ran down her face in a constant stream. “I hate you.”
Clyde stood frozen.
“I HATE YOU!!” she screamed one last time before dashing to her room, leaving the unfinished meal on the counter.

Victoria spun around and locked the door behind her, then collapsed on the bed. She felt her pillow become wet from the tears now coming in full flow. Her body shook and convulsed as waves of sobs escaped her.

She was falling apart. How could she let her mother down? Why hadn’t she just tried to get to know her instead of constantly push her away?


Over her loud sobbing, she barely heard the knock on the window.
Her sobbing ceased for a moment as she strained to hear the noise again. Sure enough, the tapping continued and Victoria sat up.

Walking cautiously over to the window, Victoria gasped when she caught the first glimpse of them. She saw two glowing eyes from afar. She suppressed a yelp that caught in her throat. She had been dreading the point when the vampire that had harassed her Aunt Belle and mother would come for her.

Carefully moving forward, Victoria held her breath as she peered into the darkness. Gasping and then letting out a sigh of relief, she ran to the window to greet her visitor.

“Aunt Belle?! What are you doing here?” she mouthed through the window.
“Come out here, I need to help you!” Belle mouthed back. Victoria heard a knock on her locked door.
“Vic?” Clyde’s voice came through the door. “Listen I… I’m really sorry… about your mom and all that… Any way you’ll come out of there?”

Victoria’s head shot around to the door. Clyde couldn’t see Belle. She wouldn’t let him. She slid the window open as quietly as possible.
“Get all of your important things,” Belle said quietly. “I’m busting you out of here.”
“Giving me the silent treatment, huh?” Clyde’s voice came through the door again.
Victoria did as she was told. She grabbed her overnight bag and filled it with her clothes and belongings. She didn’t have much. Climbing out the window, she slid it back into place as quietly as possible.

“Aunt Belle, what in the world is going on?!”
“I’ll explain everything once we get away from here.”

No comments:

Post a Comment