Welcome to the Stafford Legacy!

This is the tale of Emory Stafford, a princess from the 1600s that accidentally finds her way into our time. Please start from Generation 1: Chapter 1 (link in the side bar on the right) if you are new to the legacy!

Also, please check out my visual art blog, An Artist's Journey, and give me feeback! I'm looking to learn and grow :) Link is embedded in the bold title.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Generation 2; Chapter 10: Caring Arms

“Aunt Belle, this isn’t the way back to the apartment you took me too.” Victoria hadn’t dared to speak to Belle for most of the walk back, but she was tired and hurting and just wanted to be laying down.


“Well, now that our cover is blown, I figured you might as well just stay at Anthony’s apartment.” Belle said, somewhat coolly. “Besides, I don’t think Clyde will be giving you any more trouble.” It was the first hint of kindness she’d heard from Belle all night.
Belle stopped suddenly, dropped the chest and pulled Victoria into a tight hug.


“Victoria, I was so worried. I… I didn’t know if I could get there on time… When I realized you were missing, I listened for his thoughts, and when I saw what he wanted to do to you… I just… I couldn’t…” Belle’s hands flew up to her face.
Victoria threw her arms around Belle again and held her tightly.


“Aunt Belle, I can never thank you enough for what you just did. I… I don’t want to know what would have happened if you hadn’t shown up. I love you so much.”
Belle leaned away and smiled at Victoria.
“Come on, let’s get you home and clean up your face.


When they arrived at the apartment, Anthony buzzed them in, surprised at their visit. But he was even more surprised when he saw Victoria’s face.
“Victoria! Oh my God, what happened to you? Are you okay?” He put his hand gently on her face. Victoria felt chills down her spine at his touch.


“I’m… I’m going to be alright now,” she said, quivering a bit. “Anthony, there’s something I’ve been meaning to tell you for a very long time. I love you, Anthony. I truly do.” She felt the tears start to well up in her eyes again.
Anthony grabbed her head and pulled her into the most passionate kiss Victoria had ever felt.


Victoria felt her tears and pain melt away. Her heart was soaring. She was finally away from Clyde. She was with Anthony.


Belle felt a smile break onto her face as she saw the two finally together. Her plan had finally succeeded.


“I’m sorry we’re a few days early,” Belle said, pulling them from their trance. “As you can see, there was a bit of a… mishap.”
“Oh, it’s no problem at all! Welcome home, Victoria.”
Victoria looked deeply into his eyes. Home.
Now all that was left was the matter of this chest.



No comments:

Post a Comment