Welcome to the Stafford Legacy!

This is the tale of Emory Stafford, a princess from the 1600s that accidentally finds her way into our time. Please start from Generation 1: Chapter 1 (link in the side bar on the right) if you are new to the legacy!

Also, please check out my visual art blog, An Artist's Journey, and give me feeback! I'm looking to learn and grow :) Link is embedded in the bold title.

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Generation 2; Chapter 3: Brawl!

Victoria turned to him in a dazed confusion. “Excuse me?”


“Oh, I’m sorry,” he said, blushing. “I just thought you might… nevermind.”
“Oh no, it’s alright, you just caught me off-”
“HEY! What do you think you’re doing with my girl?” Clyde yelled over the man’s shoulder.

“No I wasn’t… I… thought…”
“No, you didn’t think!” Clyde started advancing on him. “And now, you’re gonna pay for it.”

“Clyde, stop!” Victoria yelled, grabbing his shoulder. “He was just-”
“Stay out of this, Vicki,” Clyde said as he shrugged her arm off.
“Please, I wasn’t… I…” the man stuttered.
“This’ll teach you to mess around with my girl!” Clyde leapt on the man and started punching and kicking.

Victoria shieked. “Stop! Clyde no, STOP IT!” She tried to pull him off but he was too strong. She ran to the bartender and asked for help.

A few men quickly ran over to pull apart the fight. By the time the bartender arrived, the two men had stopped fighting but were glowering at each other.

“Alright, that’s it!” the bartender yelled. “I want you both out of my club! NOW! Out!”
The man Clyde had been fighting immediately turned toward the exit, but when he tried to step forward he fell to the floor.
“Oh my gosh, Clyde! You really hurt this man!” Victoria knelt beside him. “Do you need a ride? I’ll call a taxi, you can come back to our place.”
“What?!” Clyde yelled.

“There’s no way in hell that guy’s coming in to my house!”
“Oh yes he is!” Victoria replied stubbornly. “It’s partially my house now, too, and it’s the least you owe this man for attempting to beat the crap out of him!”

Clyde narrowed his eyes at her, but she stood resolute. Too drunk to come up with a logical argument, he just grunted and turned away.

When they got back to the house, Clyde immediately entered his bedroom and slammed the door shut. Victoria helped the man walk limp over to the couch and sat him down there.

“I’m really sorry about Clyde,” she said.
“It’s okay,” the man said softly. “Are you sure it’s alright that I’m here?”
“Of course,” she said soothingly. “You can sleep here for the night and then we’ll get you to a doctor in the morning.”
The man smiled and laid down as Victoria made her way to her bedroom.

But before she reached the door, she turned back to him. “Oh, I’ve been meaning to ask, what’s your name?”
The man sighed, “Anthony,” before immediately falling into a deep sleep.

2 comments:

  1. Haha I'm working on it... we're in the throws of exam week so pretty much all my free time is either spent studying or practicing (I'm a voice major). But as soon as tomorrow's over hopefully I'll be able to get back writing again.

    Glad you're enjoying it! :)

    ReplyDelete