Welcome to the Stafford Legacy!

This is the tale of Emory Stafford, a princess from the 1600s that accidentally finds her way into our time. Please start from Generation 1: Chapter 1 (link in the side bar on the right) if you are new to the legacy!

Also, please check out my visual art blog, An Artist's Journey, and give me feeback! I'm looking to learn and grow :) Link is embedded in the bold title.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Generation 1; Chapter 11: Hidden Evil

Belle never again asked Emory if her friend could come over. She seemed to have gotten a new friend. One that she wasn’t keen on sharing with the rest of the family.


Emory tried to keep an eye on her, but it was hard with her going off to school every day. Emory had a horrible feeling in her gut that Belle was going off with Reuban.

Emory tried to bring up the conversation with Belle in the kitchen one day.
“So Belle, who have you been hanging out with recently?” Emory asked, trying to sound discreet.
“Just a friend.” Belle replied shortly.

Emory’s blood began to boil. “You know, it can be really dangerous in the city if you don’t know what you’re doing.”
“I’m not naïve, Emory, you know I’ve always been more… worldly… than you.”

“Belle, I don’t know what you’ve been up to, but I feel you need to know something. Reuban is a vampire. You know they are evil and shouldn’t be trusted. For some reason, the people of this time don’t believe they exist, but it’s obvious what he is… a monster.”
Emory obviously hit a nerve with her last statement. Belle stood in anger.

“You have no idea what you’re talking about! I’m not saying he is, but even if Reuban WAS a vampire, he’s learned to control himself! He is a nice man and has given me a place in this new world!"

"You are NOT my mother! Leave me to my business and I’ll leave you to yours!”

“Belle, he’s too old for you! He’s an adult, you’re only sixteen!”
“I never said I was COURTING him, Emory! Stop accusing me of things I’m not doing! You don’t know me! And you’re not in charge of me, either!”

Belle burst from the room and into the elevator.
“Where do you think you’re going?!” Emory screamed.
“To see the MONSTER!!” Belle roared back, not even looking back.

Emory felt a tear slide down her cheek. What was Belle doing? It’s true, sometimes they didn’t get along, but they had never yelled at each other before. She suddenly became aware of Victoria crying from the next room. Their yelling must have woken her.

“Shh, it’s alright, love, everything is fine.” Emory cooed to the little child. Victoria’s tears stopped as her mother held her. “You’re okay, dear. I’m going to make sure you grow up nice and safe. And you’ll know the ways of our time. You’ll be a respectable young lady, just like I was.”

Victoria rubbed her little eyes. Emory laid her back down in the crib and shut off the light.
Where was Belle? What was she doing right now? Was Reuban luring her in with his wicked ways? Suddenly even more frightened before for Belle’s safety, she stood out in the hall by the elevator, waiting anxiously for her return.

Hours passed, and Emory started to panic. What happened to her? She’s gone. She’s hurt. Something terrible has happened to her.
Just then, she heard the ding of the elevator’s approach. Taking a deep breath, she waited for Belle’s entrance.

Emory gasped when Belle stepped out of the elevator. She was sickly pale and looked terrified. And…
“What on EARTH are you wearing?”



No comments:

Post a Comment