Welcome to the Stafford Legacy!

This is the tale of Emory Stafford, a princess from the 1600s that accidentally finds her way into our time. Please start from Generation 1: Chapter 1 (link in the side bar on the right) if you are new to the legacy!

Also, please check out my visual art blog, An Artist's Journey, and give me feeback! I'm looking to learn and grow :) Link is embedded in the bold title.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Generation 1; Chapter 9: Blast from the Past

When move-out day came, Emory took one last glance around the apartment, baby Victoria whimpering softly in her arms.
“It’s funny,” she said to Thomas, “I should be glad that we’re moving to a bigger residence, but this place has become my home. More than the castle ever was. I met you here.”
 

“We’ll make new memories, Emory,” Thomas said, consoling her. “Think of it as an adventure.” 

Arriving at their new home, Emory goggled at the sight coming out of the elevator. 

“Thomas, it’s beautiful! I’ve never seen anything like it!” There were many rooms, all completely furnished with the newest appliances and gizmos. Emory thought the had seen it all, but this home held more trinkets and gadgets than she had ever seen before. 

“Look! It even has a music room!” Emory exclaimed. 

She sat down and began to play. Tears welled in her eyes at hearing the actual piano playing under her fingertips again. 


“It’s beautiful,” she said, turning to face Thomas. “I love it here. Thank you so much.” She hugged him.

“I’m glad you like it,” he said, giving her a quick peck. “How about we get settled in?” 

Emory and Thomas began moving items up from the lobby. On a trip down to grab another load, Emory saw something more shocking than she had seen since she’d been here. 

There was a bright flash and a scream of shock. When Emory put down her arm (she had to shield her eyes from the light), she saw the most familiar sight she had seen in almost a year. 


“Oh my God,” Emory breathed to herself. “It can’t be.”


“Where am I?!” the girl cried. She couldn’t have been over 16 years old. Emory stepped forward. 

  “Belle?” she said softly, not knowing whether she could trust her eyes.

  The girl turned and saw Emory, letting out a little yelp of surprise.
“Emory! It’s you! I’ve found you at last!”


  Emory still didn’t believe it. It couldn’t be true. She hadn’t seen anybody she knew in a year.


    But it was. It was Emory’s little sister, Belle.

“Belle, how did you… what… I don’t understand…” Emory stuttered.
“I don’t know, Emory! I have no idea what happened! I was so upset when you went missing and I went out into the woods to see if I could find you-” 


“You did what?! Belle, how could you! You know how dangerous the woods are!”
“But YOU went out, too! And you never came back!”
“Yes, and now YOU won’t ever go back, either!” Emory was yelling now, furious at what her little sister had done to herself. 

The reality of what Emory had just said seemed to strike Belle like a ton of bricks.
“Wh-what?” Belle said softly, subdued now. “What do you mean, we’ll never go back? I came to get you. To bring you home. Where are we? How do we get back?”

  “I’m sorry, Belle, but there’s no way back. At least not that I know of. I’ve been here for a year already. We are in the year 2010. You’ve travelled forward in time.” Belle took a good look around for the first time since she’d been here. She had been so fixated on Emory when she’d found her.


She was silent for a moment, taking this all in.
“It’s a good thing I found you,” Emory said. “I passed out when I first arrived here. Luckily, Thomas found me and took me in… come inside, I’d like you to meet him.” 


Little did Belle know that she was joining a family that was quickly gaining fame. No more than minutes after she arrived, paparazzi showed up to break up their little reunion.

The camera's flashed terrified Belle. She shot for the nearest building. Emory ran after her.
"Just get inside, Belle!" Emory yelled behind her. "I'll explain everything!"

1 comment:

  1. At least she has someone from her own time now. Wonder how things will go for the Stafford sisters

    ReplyDelete