Welcome to the Stafford Legacy!

This is the tale of Emory Stafford, a princess from the 1600s that accidentally finds her way into our time. Please start from Generation 1: Chapter 1 (link in the side bar on the right) if you are new to the legacy!

Also, please check out my visual art blog, An Artist's Journey, and give me feeback! I'm looking to learn and grow :) Link is embedded in the bold title.

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Generation 1; Chapter 7: A Night of Surprises

"So do I get to know where we're going now?" Emory teased him.
"Well, I'm taking you to a beautiful, high-end loft for a night of luxury." Thomas said. "I feel like you deserve it, what with the loads of publicity you've been getting recently and all."
Emory smirked back at him as he lead her out on the town.

 Thomas had not been kidding when he had said it was a high-end loft. Walking in the front door, Emory got to walk along a magnificent red carpet, feeling like the star she was becoming.

Thomas smiled as he watched Emory observe the lobby. "You do realize, Emory, that the actual club is upstairs. On the roof."
"The roof?!"

Upon stepping out of the elevator on to the rooftop bar, Emory was stunned. The view of the city was breathtaking. It was easily the most beautiful sight she had ever seen.
Thomas imidiately brought her over to the bar.
Thomas ordered a round of what was called a "Romantic Drink". It had little hearts in the glass and had a pinkish tint.

"For you, Emory, the love of my life." Thomas said, handing her a glass.

"Come on, Thomas, what is the meaning behind all of this?" Emory said seductively, over her shoulder. "You must be treating me like this for some reason."
Thomas blushed and looked away.

"I'd like to make a toast," Thomas said, standing up. "To my beauty, my bella, my love, Emory Stafford."

Emory smiled as he took a long swig of his drink. Following his lead, she began to drink hers as well.

 "Come on, Emory, let's sit by the pool"
They laid out in the long reclining chairs by the pool and talked.

"Emory, you know that I would give you everything if I could," Thomas said. "Anything you wanted."
"Aww Thomas, you old romantic," Emory said, teasing him.
Just then, the music playing surged and they felt the urge to get up.
"Let's dance!" Shouted Emory over the music.

 But Thomas seemed a bit... odd. Maybe, nervous?
"Is anything bothering you, Thomas?" Emory asked.
"No, everything is perfect," he assured her.

They danced on into the night, erasing their troubles and having a blast.

It was getting late, and suddenly Thomas appeared to be getting nervous again.

"Emory, there's something I have to do," said Thomas, almost out of nowhere. Emory's heart jumped. What was going on?

"Anything, Thomas, what is it?"
Thomas took a deep breath. "Emory, you are the light of my life and Queen of my soul. I can not imagine what my life would have become had I not met you."

Emory reached up to him. "Thomas, I love you. So much."
"I was hoping you would say that," he said.

"Emory Stafford, Princess of England and Queen of my life, would you do me the honour of marrying me?"

Emory couldn't speak. She stood there, looking at Thomas, tears welling in her eyes.
"Yes! Of course I'll marry you! I love you, Thomas!"

He slid the ring on to her finger and hugged her. "I love you too, Emory. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you."
Emory suddenly got serious. "Thomas, I have to tell you something. I think... I might be pregnant."



No comments:

Post a Comment